Saturday 17 September 2011

Nottingham indiepop alldayer: a preview of sorts

Around about now in exactly two weeks I'll be panicking my arse off, already three quarters of the way through my fourth pint of the day, and wondering why on earth any of the bands playing the Nottingham indiepop all-dayer haven't turned up yet, and why the soundman is spending more time in his mysterious smoking alley than he is setting the first band up. This, of course, is the curse of the small-time promoter. I don't pretend to be doing the world a favour, and I probably wouldn't have it any of other way. I'm sure Ian will be a rock on the day, anyway.

Panic over.

I thought, by way of a half-arsed preview, that I'd get together a few video clips of the bands playing, so you can see what you're missing out on when you decide to stay at home and watch X Factor/wash your hair/paint the cat. So, in no particular order...

A Fine Day For Sailing - Ballad of the Bedsit


Ste McCabe - I've Got a Big Car


Standard Fare - Love Doesn't Just Stop


The Blanche Hudson Weekend - Let Me Go


Ace Bushy Striptease - HM9 (Waterfall)


Milky Wimpshake - Pearshaped


Help Stamp Out Loneliness - Biergarten (this one features my bald spot. Yeah!)


The Whatevers - You and Your Twisted Romance


Pale Man Made - B-Line


Let's Whisper - Dylan's Song

No comments: