Friday 13 February 2009

Please give generously

A couple of weeks ago, I was rummaging through boxes full of old crap that normally gather cat hair under the bed when I realised that I had only two copies of my old fanzine, tasty, left in the entire world.

tasty ran from 1999 to 2002 in its printed paper form, before zooming off into the exciting, erotic world of the internet, where it's still going strong (one million hits last year, according to my friend Shane, who I bequeathed it to when I'd had enough of it). There were 20 issues, and I only have one copy of number 19 and number 20 left. Which makes me a bit sad.

Two hundred copies were printed - bi-monthly in the end, and they were given out free. So, cast your minds back, old-timers and if anyone out there has any copies of any of the other issues they'd like to photocopy and send to me, I'd love you forever.

5 comments:

martijn said...

For some reason I was sure I remembered Tasty's website from the mid 90s. Time is such a strange thing when you're into your 30s.

A layer of chips said...

Ha! Tell me about it...

I didn't get a computer until 2000, I don't think. And then it was only the year after that that the first, completely terrible, tasty website appeared.

Emma said...

I think I might have a copy knocking about somewhere, unless I've imagined it. I'll have a look!

A layer of chips said...

Thank you, Emma!

Anonymous said...

Why don't you have the current Tasty personnel post a request on MySpace? They post bulletins and blogs occasionally that I see. Plus they have loads of friends (1382!!) so they'd be able to reach a lot of additional folks.

Good luck! I know how much this must mean to you.

xo